Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Back-Up Plan?

JLo's new movie poses a question most women have debated in some way or another.  Is there someone you could/would marry at __ age if you got desperate. JLo isn't the first celebrity to pose a question that I doubt most men or women would really consider.  While I know I have considered it in some respects - I personally wonder if it is just a movie plot. 

If said person would exist, and you find yourself at some personally unbearable life milestone, my questions for you are this:

1.  Why do you need to be with someone - sure we all get lonely, I get that - but is it just because you are lonely, or is it the sex or is it the procreation aspect?

2. Why this person - because if they were that perfect why the hell are they just your back up?

Okay maybe question 2 is rather simplistic so let's just skip that one for now.  As to the being lonely - join a group, pick up a new hobby - something to change the people you interact with - find some kind of community.

As to the sex part  - well you could have meaningless hook ups or you can consider what was suggested by someone I respect - return to the above solution - fill that need with activities that force you to see beauty in the world and fill the emotional voids.

Children - well I know that some women need to have to give birth.  I maybe luckily have no such desire - sure I would like children - don't get me wrong, but I am more than satisfied with the prospect that I will likely foster or adopt.

So as to two - I believe we are in some respects too picky when looking for our partners - I am not saying you should settle - that you should marry someone you have no chemistry with or can't for some real and legitimate reason be with, but I am saying - if in the end if this is someone you can lay down next to and wake up next to every day for the rest of your life - why not marry them and love them?

 Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangemoonapparel/4178037684/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.