Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Times Are A Changin'

Well I have decided that I have had enough of being worried about the return of CEF into my personal or interweb space. Now that doesn't mean that I'm going change the format, but I am going to simplify my blogging (I have two non-linked blogs apart from this one) and make some personal and somewhat public changes.

Change 1: As noted above - I'm going to merge my Gluten Free sometimes Dairy/Soy Free food blog with my Running Blog - and once that is done, that will be linked here at S&P central command.

Change 2: I'm chopping off a large chunk of my hair (read: several inches) and dyeing it blond.  Why?  Well one - because I can, and two because I am ready even for a few months to say good bye to my most public statement of change.  I dyed my hair and chopped off my "wedding" growth and more when CEF was booted from my life.  So this change is to say in the most metaphoric way possible - I have found light in my life - in peace and joy.  In the beautiful friends like Ms J who have found ways to hold tight to someone who was so very often coming unglued.

Change 3: As noted, I like to run.  I will say that even today as my ability to tackle stairs, chairs, ramps, curbs and even toilets is seriously limited - I truthfully love to run.  Why?  Because running is my body's reminder to me that you can do it.  Even when you don't think you can, even when it all seems to come unhinged, one foot in front of the other.  When I stopped running away from the pain in my life and towards it with the help of amazing people - it was no longer terrifying.  It hurt, just like the 26.2 miles I did on Sunday hurt like hell.  My body didn't want to do, it really really didn't want to do it, but it did.  SO, on that note I have decided when I run my next marathon to do it for a Rape/Sexual Assault NGO.  I know you can run for Cancer, you can run for Water, you can run for Clean Water - all are great things to run for, but for me, I wanted to be able to move to the place in my life where I can own my survivor-ship.  Where I can say publicly: I know the statistics, I know I am not alone and I know that it shouldn't be a secret - the shame has to end and that starts within me.

Change 4: Even though I'm not single as of a few days ago (long story that I've promised will not become blog material). But that does not mean the fun is going to stop around here - oh no no no - the dating world continues on - and no that also does not mean that I'm not devoted to X - I just know there is enough crazy sh*t going on in this world of non-married folk, whether they be single or not to not comment on it. And so I will.

7 comments:

  1. Woot! DO IT!
    Change is good!

    Can't wait to hear how the hair turned out.
    Buy lots of high quality conditioners!!!
    I'm currently blonde right now. I have curly/dry/red hair naturally and have found blonde to be very harsh on it. But I LOVE it.

    Good luck! & Congrats on the sans singlehood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am naturally a medium brown, I've been everything from a really light brown to almost black - and red for the large portion of my life. Right now I'm a chocolate brown - I know it is going to be a crazy change - thus why I'm also giving up almost all my length. X isn't so thrilled with the idea - but hell it's hair I can dye it back and grow it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the marathon completion again. While I still think that running for that long is somewhat crazy, I do admire your strength and, dare I say, I am inspired by it?!
    About the hair, are you keeping the bangs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT?! I am winning you over to the dark side of running? I didn't think that was at all possible.

    I am going to try and keep it all the same length - so there will be bangs if I want them and when I go for a run or yoga or whatever I will be able to have them pulled back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also? My little thingamy random word was "spenty" which is now a real word. As in "I spenty all my monies!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spenty - that's awesome - I have definitely spenty a lot of my monies as of late. Thanks for the big hugs - you are getting big ones in return

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.