Saturday, February 05, 2011

Requested Update

One of my lovely friends - and past roommate, L, sent me an urgent request via FB for an update. 

I would like to apologize first by saying that this past weekend and the subsequent events have wiped me out.  So let's recap - I flew to Houston last Friday morning - long cab ride - discovered that Houston like other southern cities has no downtown life - I had this problem in Oklahoma City when I ran there (and I wasn't GF at that time).   So needless to say the weekend was not ideal in many ways - but X was there so that at least kept me sane or I think I might have spent a lot of time crying wondering why in the world I was doing this again... If you haven't gathered marathon weekend is oddly more stressful than the race.  Whatever I'm going to another one - yes it is less then a week out from doing it and I'm not recovered yet - but I love it - hard to explain - I'll save that for the other blog when it gets fixed up.

So I got back on Monday to work stress, a hurting body, while I haven't had a child I am going to be daring and say it's like my body gave birth on Sunday - I couldn't sit, walk down small ramps or get in and out of my PU's Civic etc AND my monthly visitor arrived along with some airplane sniffles.  Now this fabulous trifecta would have resulted in an ER visit last year due to some kind of infection/illness.  This time - this time I kicked it ALL!! Bless you healthier body.  Finally a clear indication we are on the long road to some kind of stable health. 

On Monday I met with a roommate potential - did I mention BR is moving out - yep, another change. So this lovely lady confirmed on Thursday - one less stress - I have a new roommate for March 1.  Well I guess it's one less stress - now begins the long process of cleaning, clearing and rearranging.  I have decided to try and purge down again and reorganize what I can to simplify my life and routine.  So the rest of the month is going to be devoted to trying to figure out where to put things where they are useful for me and clear up space for her.

On Thursday my boss sat down with me - I need to take time off in March (when he takes time off he likes someone to take time off and so it's me this time).  The first thing he said after that request - you can go visit X.  Yes that would be lovely - we're trying to figure out that. It's not a short trip nor is it a cheap trip - so that will need to be worked out.

So as to X - he's going to be my first Valentine ever.  Yep I was that girl who benefited from the mass forced Valentine hand out in elementary school, never dated in high school and in university and post university has had enough success to warrant this blog... So poor X, I'm a little excited about the whole thing.  I think the fun will die off after this year but right now it's fun.  And yet at the same time I have this slight gag reflex at what our office looks like - Michael's Valentine's Day department seems to have up-chucked pink, hearts and obscene amounts of glitter all over the place.

Yep so that's a little of the run down around here - I promise I will come up with more thrilling information - right now it just seems like life is moving crazily fast and changing so much that I don't know where to start when I sit down at the computer.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the update,
    your truly,
    the ex roomie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the body's still hurting :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that is left hurting is my toe which I think we might actually have a problem with - the rest of me is slowly getting back on track thank goodness, but I start running tomorrow so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.