Monday, December 27, 2010

'Tis that time of year...

It is that time to look back and look forward.  But quite frankly I don't want to look back to the hell that was my body's dysfunction this year - or all issues that was 2010.  So, we are going to dig up, dust off and change up the 29 before 29 list... *drum roll*


30 before 30


1. Apply for Graduate school (write the General GRE and Subject GRE) - I will not dignify this with more than one spot. I start in September and I didn't have to take the GRE, yay me.


2. Dye hair blond and cut short - thinking pixie short but I hate growing it out from that length, it's the devil. Well as of Feb 12/10, my hair will look something like this, I have this picture on my cork board at the moment.


3. Make something with squash blossoms


4. See at least two VIFF films Close enough - Ms. J and I always see at least one film.


5. Run 5 marathons races since I started to get sick running hasn't been super high on the able to do list but this could be an option.  Well I've done a marathon and 3 half's - so I'm short one which I am booked to do in January - after that the plan is Vancouver Half, Portland and Philly full marathons and maybe a half in Seattle.  Staying close-ish to home this year.  SO on that note we are going to kick it back up to 5 marathons.


6. Get a professional massage, and no not that kind of massage...  Done and done and scheduled to be done again - Lucie is amazing.


7. Go to The Diamond, try a new signature drink - ie. not vodka based, and if it is gin based I will hand over my Blackberry for the night.  This year's anti-wedding anniversary party I promise.


8. For an equal drinking/class experience go here for my birthday Went for my anti-anniversary celebrations in 2010.


9. Plant a mini garden and try not to kill it basil died but the oregano and mint still survived - beyond that I don't have enough light.


10. Use the word bombastic and/or find someone bombastic and get their number  Close enough we
are FB "friends" and he was invited to our New Year's Game's Night.


11. The above will be done at either 7 or Shangra La's bar - which I've been dying to go to... alcohol is a theme here, oops Scratch that - visit three states I have not been to/in - landing in is acceptable as far as I am concerned because landing in is all I want to do in Minnesota.  This actually might be really hard since I've been to more than I think I want to count, such as: West Coast, South going East from California to Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Montana, Nevada, DC, Pennsylvania, New Jersey,  Delaware, Virginia and Maryland, New York, Minnesota and Illinois.
12. Dance somewhere - flash mob would be a safe place... I have a fear of rhythmic movement and rightfully so.


13. Have a body part waxed  *sigh* I am such a chicken, my roommate does her own, I don't think I can but we'll try


14. Get another tattoo (I want a really big one, though I will likely settle for something small again)


15. Make homemade marshmallows for Christmas gifts - you better act surprised y'all - the plan for 2011


16. Get a short story published...


17. Give a random stranger on the T a bouquet of flowers - this would work if I worked downtown more.


18. Learn to drive - my parental unit insists on this though I have negotiated an alternative option for this.


19. Learn to read French - I own the books, I guess I should be doing this.



20. Take a beginner tap dance or ice skating class - why did I pick such hard things - blerg - this is never going to happen...


21. Invest in a Jo Malone fragrance - which I might add are PRICEY and hard to come by on this side of the Atlantic


22. Take someone to NYC


23. Go to an NFL game - next year I am going to try my hardest when we're in Philly.


24. Send at a card every 2 months to a friend for encouragement or thanks - and I won't do all these at one time.


25. Start dating again - I know it sounds like a cop out but considering I haven't done that at all this year now that I think about it - I may have to be really deliberate with this.


26. Make a 5 year plan that has practical steps and does not involve a step that says "get married"


27. Help my dad run the Philly Half Marathon in 2011.


28. Not purchase another book until I have read 3 from my unread collection.


29. Have a Valentine's Day event - we tried but failed last year.


30. Bungee jump -  Ms. J refuses but there has to be someone willing to do with with me.


So there are one that need to be changed - any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.