Thursday, July 30, 2009

Some like it hot...

I however don't. This city lacks the necessary vents and I lack the necessary cleavage and blond hair to pull it all off (yes even though it was the Seven Year Itch work with me here). It's hotter than sin outside, and inside colder than well anyways. Things are also heating up and cooling off in the most unfortunate ways out in the world of men too. BV messaged me while he was away to find out how I am, and AB while also out of town, and now returned, is well colder than ever... likely for the best, on the AB side of things. BV just makes me mad, which is some respects makes the whole thing hot, but the wrong kind of hot under the collar... fooey.

But in honor of all the hotness, I have recalled a time many moons ago when I took to the rails from Texas in August to the land I live in and along the way met someone who in the moment I wondered if fate was wholly diseased and mentally ill for matching me with for all of a heart beat. Those rulers of the rails state that you must all share tables, and I happened to sit next to someone who for all I could tell was my destiny. Tall, not dark but handsome, fluent in a Cyrillic language and a traveller and had knowledge of of the Motherland, never mind other educational pursuits... nameless, and basically faceless. The embodiment of fate sat next to me and ate an omelet while I had oatmeal. Some days in the heat of the summer I wonder, wonder whether fate has left me be, arranged something, or if all this is just a whole lot of slogging through, giving up and giving in, and all that just to find someone to snog for life - and yes I know that's not all you commit to, but right now I'm willing to ignore the years of smelly running clothes and a love for anime. Maybe we can give fate another kick at it this weekend - I'm off to travel the same rails, but via road this time.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned that it was Seven Year Itch, cause otherwise I would have been tormented about whether or not to provide that information. Sorry, it's a trivia fixation.

    Some Like it Hot, btw, is ranked 22nd on the top 100 list of US movies, down 8 positions from the 1998 list. I was pleased to note the hilarious Singin in the Rain moved up number 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Marilyn is suffering a little from the tainting of her image by the pop tarts out there trying to emulate her image. I have to say while I haven't seen the movies, I have always found her endearing and fascinating, some day when I have telle I'll catch up. As to trivia, no worries, Goggle is my friend - new info is always welcome

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite Marilyn stories is that a dress form once used for her measured out to size 14; course that was before sizes began their downward migration in order to sell clothing. Supposedly she would be a 6 - 8 in today's sizes.

    You really should make watching Some Like it Hot a priority, it's quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I gotta know...wtf is with the Avatar picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Showing a domestic Susy Homemaker side perhaps? But is it truth in advertising? And wouldn't you like to have gotten in on the ground floor of Legos?

    I've heard that there are now many more Lego kits that actually make a specific thing, a car, a domestic scene, whatever, and fewer general building kits that rely on imagination. Hello Armageddon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does that have to do with Jap Animie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoops. I was going with the lego lady ironing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay so Avatar first - AB loves Avatar and I got tired of hearing yip yip references from his friends and so on, so I started watching and it's so cute, so ya I'm hooked...

    As to the Lego lady - I picked something that was as anonymous, seperate from me and altogether accurate. In the end I am to whatever extent a figment of a combined interaction here - and that's kind of the goal to be as anonymous and yet transparent as I can be. Lego or no lego there is someone on this end who yes irons, but also wants to bungee jump some days and thinks nothing of baking a man she's not commited to his favorite pie and running 26.2 miles in one day...

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.