Saturday, June 02, 2012

What Have I Done?!!!

I have signed up for an online dating site, 5 years after I shut down my last account.  I must admit that while a lot has happened in my life in the last 5 years, it seems that not a lot has happened in the online dating world.  I am still over educated and fishing around in a pool of men who seem to seriously undervalue the importance of a capitalized "I."  It will be good for laughs with JS and my roommate, but I seriously doubt that anything will come of it. But I will let you know.

So in light of this whole profile business I must post this which seems to be the story of my life these days.  Not me sleeping around, but I've sort of, shall we say marginally, come to accept that I am going to be the "slut" of the school.  Personally I hate the word, I wouldn't use it on anyone, but it seem in my very conservative school that because I'm a woman with breasts who does occasionally have cleavage or my shoulders bar that I'm scandalous.  Even further to that scandal I'm a feminist who uses birth control which according to a very interesting but ultimately sad  conversation with DirectoryBoy, who if you remember is a medical doctor, birth control is only for promiscuous women.  Yes you heard me.  I guess I haven't been using mine to its full potential.


Primarily because I love this site: http://editorrealtalk.tumblr.com/

3 comments:

  1. It'll be good for laughs alright!

    But, you never know, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, an awesome to know I'm such a promiscuous woman even though I haven't had sex in a bazillion years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny isn't it? I just don't get the mindset they have but at the same time I have gotten to the point I kind of relish being so taboo in their little circle and being almost prudish outside of it. A balance I can live with.

      As for the online, it has definitely made me chuckle in the last little bit. To be honest if anything it has made me feel more content about being single, go figure.

      Delete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.