Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's About Time I Tell You All....


I may or may not be single - I am not technically single - whatever that means.  I guess it means I am not looking, or that I have a lovely man that makes me all flustered, smiley and all that good stuff.  It is good stuff no?  So I know that is so vague and you are probably wondering what the hell is going on - who is this person, how did we get here, what the hell? Stop the bus I want to know what's going on here - give me the details and all that.

Well I don't have details - I mean I sort of do, but I don't.  For one he knows about this blog, he reads this blog and he wants to stay off this blog - probably a good idea since the last time I dragged a reader male I liked into my blog I had to ditch the blog when I moved on.  And no, I'm not planning to move on - but whatever - moving on past that point.  So that all being said I'm still going to talk a bit about him, since we're all friends - cue to X this would be when you stop reading... you heard me.

So X as he's being called because he and I cannot seem to come up with a cute, catchy non-degrading name for him... we didn't intend this - good Lord I wasn't even looking for this - and yes I know that they say you'll find it when you least expect it and all that but, I was not expecting this.  We fought it, we truly did, and well maybe I'm not a good fighter since I am a pacifist but our fighting against it didn't work.  We both in separate occasions this past week realized that what we have been calling a friendship has definitely grown beyond that point.  He in a conversation and I on one of my many Etsy browsing nights looking through the Treasury, started search for gifts for him.  I had started Valentine's Day shopping for the first time in my almost 30 odd years. It was a weird revelation - not that I had never shopped for Valentine's Day but rather that somehow in all the talking and what not I had fallen sort of unbeknownst to me.  A part of brain has wanted to curse me out - has wondered how these things happen.  And yet the thankfully sane part is happy he is sane - non-codependent.  Y'alls he has a job and an education, he can dress himself and *drumroll* is NOT a man child.  It's like finding a freaking unicorn.  Okay so maybe not a unicorn - how about an amazing pair of sale Louboutin's but really finding those is finding a pair of unicorns you can wear that say, NLLL-me right?

Enough with the unicorns - we're taking it slowly, and we will see what happens.  I will do my best to update y'all since that is why you read and I blog...

So this is where if you are still reading against my instructions X you really really stop reading....

Keep On Reading

Photo:

5 comments:

  1. Louboutin's on sale!!! That is a friggin Unicorn!
    Woot woot! Excited for you.

    I can not help you with a gift idea, cos I'm not a V-Day kind of gal. I much rather my man take me for beer and wings that day. :)

    I would suggest(when you get there) to great him out of a shower with a hot towel straight from the dryer and a beer/wine etc... It's a gold winner I tell ya. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much of a V-Day gal either - I have told him outright that I would smack him upside the head if he buys me flowers then - he can suprise me some other time with them.

    I completely believe it is a trumped up "holiday," but it is nice sometimes to give gifts and if there is a holiday that permits me to do so, even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like another 'not-in-this-city' person...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Therrian you would be right - however, and I stress however - this person and I have met each other as friends - and in meeting realized there was something else there - which we have long debated the logistics of and my once fervent stance I would never ever do that again. If it makes you feel any better my therapist knows what is happening and my father and aunt were there during the meeting - which was not short - and have both signed off on things. So right now it's an everyone who needs to know, knows and is watching and supporting with full knowledge of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds exciting . . . ! Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.