Saturday, January 08, 2011

Shopping...

I go through odd shopping phases.  What I mean is I have a list of basics above my desk - things I should consider investing in before anything else. This list is enough to keep me out of the malls these days because I know that to invest in them would not be much of an investment for the following reasons:  I am in the middle of marathon training season - my weight keeps dropping in weird ways (read my ass is the same size though everything else is shrinking) and once I stop running I know there is a small amount of weight gain that is inevitable.  So if it fits perfect now, it might not fit later either way - and I am fine with it to be honest.  This problem though I think is why smart smart men like Choo, Louboutin et al developed gorgeous heels.

I am a shoe addict.  I will admit this with no hesitation at all and yet I will justify it with the following.  I have a periwinkle/purple dress that was purchased in NYC and I am finally okay with my body to wear - it is clingy and Grecian inspired - those long straps wrap in a criss-cross fashion across the waist... but the grey BCBG heels that I also purchased in NYC are a little dull.  Not in their attitude, but in their colouring, so I was considering these.


I love them - I think they are a great classic - but I'm not sure they suit the dress - I was thinking a more delicate shoe is necessary - but alas this is not the season for it, so I will likely pull out the coral dress with black tights for the Valentines Day and Annual Non-Anniversary celebrations...

The other issue is I convocate this summer - and my post secondary institution believes that Navy and Red are wonderful colours. I concur - but it makes finding something that coordinates under the gown hard. The gowns are open - and while most don't care about how it looks - I do darn it. So this dress is the winner - it will be purchased ever so shortly - it's wonderful because the waist can be taken in if need be, there is room for my curvy lower half, and it keeps the girls that are always trying to escape in check.... I just need shoes for it? Ideas? Navy? Nude? Animal Print?


Note: I would be wearing it without the petticoat

2 comments:

  1. nude?! Animal Print?! I think I got smacked about when I brought up this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you did - as I mentioned to you already I am leaning towards the animal print pumps I currently own because quite frankly I know I can walk in them. I do have a pair of red heels - but they hurt and it's all a little matchy matchy.

    As for the purple dress during deep deliberation during our run, HSBFF declared I need to find something equally Grecian inspired for the purple dress - darn.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.