Thursday, March 31, 2011

Random Updates

1. X comes into town tonight - WOOT, so excited and I have SO SO much to do... gah, laundry coming out of my ears
2. That gel nail polish has held up thus far - I've washed dishes with gloves (no dishwasher or man servant)- to help it out, as a whole I support it - no signs of wear and tear after one week.
3. IUD hurts - for the love - I'm trying to figure out if it really hurts because I was cramping post insertion before my cramps started, if it's bad period (which we all know happens from time to time) or if this really is going to suck like this...even worse, I found out no tampons.  It's one of the greatest insults to not have that option.
4.I hope that's the last of the IUD updates...
5. As Victoria has said, since when did it become the end of March?  Seriously?
6. Jane Eyre, The Bell Jar and Fahrenheit 451 lost out in Out of Print Clothing's Book Madness.  I feel literary-ily heart broken.  Why people?  WHY?

5 comments:

  1. What no tampons because you have an IUD? Did I read that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, now that is according to the instructions that come with the IUD. That was not per my gyne - so you can always clear it with them. The instructions don't say absolutely no, they just say be very careful with insertion and removal - and that in the first few weeks/months you are at increased risk for infections. So for me, I would rather opt for a pad when I can and if I need to go the tampon route. This sucker was expensive and I don't want to pay for a new one or deal with the pain of dislodging this one.

    I would also add and this was just me - the idea of sex is repulsive the few days afterward. So while it is effective within 24 hours apparently your lady parts are not going to want anything up there for a little while, even if you brain wants it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? No tampons? Huh.

    *shakes fist at sky*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Victoria - oh I know. Yes Leaha don't worry I don't want to think about it anymore either.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.