Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nominated!

N nominated me to try out the only "matching" site we've collectively as a building not tried (lots of single "motivated" women around these parts.  Of course the minute she suggested that I was trying to figure out how many weeks of running (tanning, primping) it would take before I felt like dating... Let's me honest, it's hard, it's something you feel rusty about.

Soooo... I am notiminating everyone else to help me.  That's right you're all going down the rabbit hole of this with me - I need to ensure I have people watching the process.  At this point I've picked the site (inferred above).

I need a: "screen name" and SnP is not a choice option.  I had considered my Twitter account - but then that is well too traceable.  Let me put it this way, I am drawing lines here and now - my personal email, my phone number, Twitter, blogs and Facebook are all not going to shared if I can help it.  It is as simple as that.  I had to shut down and reorganize my life after CEF, a girl only needs to do that once in her life.

Proposed bio (edited from my "About Me" page which disappeared when I reformatted the blog):

I love: stilettos
I keep: Vodka in the freezer and a Bible in my purse
I read: The Economist and Chaucer
I run: for GF brownies and marathon bliss black toes
I eat: vegan food when I can
I sing to: female singer-songwriters
I sniff: flowers and used books

I know Ms. J will think I'm on something - but here's the deal, this is a complete gamble and something I am deciding if I do is something I'm going to be a relaxed about it as I can.  So feedback would be great.

5 comments:

  1. While the 'vodka in the freezer' shows a bit of the 'fun' side, I would recommend including something about your favorite social things to do...the write-up as it reads now includes alot of 'alone' things that don't scream 'social person' which is somewhat important for a comfortable date...my 2cents.

    Oh, and you probably know this, but you gotta include a picture...desire to remain anonymous or not...without a picture your only likely to get really creepy guys who have tried (and failed) every girl with a pic on the site and have now moved to stage 2 of the hunt. These dudes slobber alot and may smell of cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay write up aside, because all I should be doing is writing this damn paper.

    On the note of pics - sure there will be pictures, I don't need to be that anonymous. My issue is with linking a screen id any search-able format to me. So SnP (here and Twitter), runismymantra (my Twitter account/Running/Food blog id). And well I have increased my FB security in light of CEF, but I have to say it's the little things you realize after that you wish you could have preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks that creeps gave you a bad experience, but if you go into something new all jaded and suspicious, it's likely to affect your success so be careful.

    Screen name? I'll think of some from a guy's perspective;

    1. dishesNlaundryN69 (that's a good one!)
    2. smokingbabe4U
    3. imdecentbutbetterwhenyouredrunk420 (okay, not a good one)
    4. Lifeowesmeanapology666
    5. CircusEscapee01

    I like the last one. And the first one.

    Your call!

    Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about EastVanRunner, but CW has stated that would suggest I am employed in the usual East Van "activities" and no I am not if anyone is checking, though my neighbor is.

    So I've been given the option by CW to pick between Single & Picky or Runismymantra, I think I am going to pick the later

    ReplyDelete
  5. Runismymantra is my pick
    N

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.