Monday, July 26, 2010

Call Me Crazy

Because I know you wouldn't be the first or the last. I am caving ever so slowly to the online dating mess. I know, I know, oh I SO KNOW, that it had ugly results for me in the past. However, I can't get over my old roommate's ability to casually stumble on to an amazing guy. So here I am wondering - I am wondering if I should just look... I don't know a part of me still thinks it is the place where men get to shrug off their social responsibility to pursue. Really guys I don't think you know how easy it is to get a girl. Now maybe it's the full moon or hormones or both, but these days if you smiled at me, and where bathed and didn't scream axe-murdered I would give you the time of day and maybe some time from said day. The world is teeming with hormonal late 20 somethings looking to get married and laid so chop to it. And yes I'm aware I probably scared everyone off, oh well. Again thinking about it. Right now oddly I just don't feel like sitting across from a total stranger, sober. Oy vay, I think there is my answer - back to the writing.

4 comments:

  1. I was THIS close to doing what you're thinking about. I just can't bring myself to doing it. If it's so easy to get a date, then I must be a moron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the I can't do it part, and the same could be said of me, I should just get out there etc. but I don't know. I am going to be honest and chalk a lot of my current feelings up to the weather, full moon and hormones - which is why I'm not doing anything because this is a perfect storm for bad judgment.

    You aren't a moron, you're pre-occupied with more important activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'laid'..../snicker

    I'm so mature :)

    On the actual topic though...might as well give it a shot. Life can be fairly pointless without drama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you're very mature, that's one of your most wonderful and appreciated qualities

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.