Friday, March 06, 2009

F__ Friday

While I am still diseased with my perma-cold and I'm not looking forward to having the motherboard replaced on our terminal server today, I decided to make today one of those days I say F It (it being all the stress). To aid in that oath of positivity, the FRAY have announced concert days, the sun is shining and I gave into my leave from coffee and am now cuddling a beautiful triple shot vanilla soy latte. But really, none of that has any baring on the beauty of today. No rather a couple of smiles from a ring-less Mr. Big look alike on the train this morning put a skip into my step.

I think all of us need a smile from an attractive stranger - and the emphasis is on the attractive - to make us put down the I hate my hair, I look fat today, I can't believe I haven't been to the gym, or that I had McDonald's for breakfast or whatever and say, I'm cute, I'm fabulous, or Hallelujah the drought has ended!

However I do have to confess I had a moment of terror - I mean it's one thing to smile at someone from across a train car - it's another to do anything else. And I with an empty seat next to me panicked - I mean could I for the next 40 minutes be talking to someone batshit crazy - and I have to say given my luck this would be the case - or would I be seduced by some serial flirt. So I chickened out, relished the smile and hauled out my Blackberry and got my ass on to Facebook stat.

So to all of you out there feeling a little out of the TGIF loop, FLIRT with the cutie barista so young it's probably not legal or the guy on the other end of the train, you might just feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.