Thursday, March 05, 2009

Deal Breakers

We all have them, reason not to like someone, not to date someone or to stop dating someone. Some of them are small and some of them are huge (well at least I think so). This whole issue arose after I was perusing someones pictures on Facebook, I queried my roommate - "Is it so wrong that I write off a guy if he's got chest hair, I mean like more then a few, like more hair there than I have on both my legs combined?" She tilted her head and I paused - "Okay so what about back hair?" She cringed. Bingo! A universal deal breaker. Other than that my pickyness used to include that he had to be a vegetarian, even better a vegan. Now granted that I don't live in Middle America that one should have been easy. In many ways it was if I was cool with constant usage of illegal substances, avoidance of deodorant or the love of women's jeans. All of the above I am surprisingly not cool with, especially the last one. But I gave up my need for a veggie when I started therapy. I figured I had to lessen the number of deal breakers coming my way. I mean it's one thing for me to be picky, but it really only works if I am "available" to anyone - and no not in the Paris Hilton kind of way of availability.

So what is my list?

No back hair
No chest carpet, especially the kind that comes over the shirt
Not a smoker, I can handle the drink and smoke thing - not appreciated but whatever
Preferably not more of a potty mouth then I am
Likes kids but is ambivalent towards that whole "ISSUE"
Socially conscious and not in the I buy RED products kind of way
Clean - in general doesn't smell, has no lice or scabies or something like that
A funny drunk who transit's/cabs it when he drinks
Someone who does not look better than me, especially when it comes to wearing the women's jeans - I relent I will allow it - as I have a thing for Geek Chic, but try to not look better then me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.