Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Our Song?

Taylor Swift informed me that relationships need songs.  Interesting?  Well first of all I like Taylor Swift so sue me - I do nasty accounting and I like to listen to something as fluffy as humanly possible but not quite Disney, and maybe I just like that she writes nasty tell all songs about all her exes.  It's like we are soul mates!   I write blogs and she writes songs, only difference is there is a few million in revenue that she gets - fair enough it is a little more difficult than what I do around here.

I have no problem finding break up songs, some days it feels like I have more of those than Charlie Sheen has had one morning/day/evening/evening stands. And of course because I say that, y'all are going to think X and I are rocky.  We are not.  I think the reason for the dearth in break up songs is just because they're so damn easy to write.  Love songs are more complicated.  The process of saying I love you seems to be so much more drawn out and complicated than saying "I hate you," "I need to find myself," "NLLL off you cheating NLLL" and so on and so forth.

So here is my lovely collection from the past

This song belongs to a man who rarely if ever has found himself on this blog - maybe because I got out all my rage when I burned his stuff - let's just say poor BI had to help kick me into exorcising him.



Oddly this song I think collided with my dissolution with My Mr. Big - yes it's Avril, but when the Music video channel has to fill their content with X amount of crappy but national content, you get to hear these kids of jems over and over and over.



In the months post CEF I realized that while I didn't have a post breakup song, nor did really want to - I just wanted to forget it all. However, I did find this song so relevant as time went on and he still wouldn't go away that there were times I was incredibly tempted to quote it in its entirety



Well we've dealt with AB before and honestly if I have to hear another Lady Antebellum song from that time in my life I might do something very non-ladylike.

Sure John Mayer has lots of break up songs - but I have to say these are the ones that come to mind.  So here we are at the end of a post about break up songs and I'm at a loss for a LOVE song about X. 

Any I love you songs in your repertoires?

This song was on the radio this morning, it's a little dramatic and I sure as heck do not want to be anywhere near a cabin, I am a city girl through and through.

4 comments:

  1. Bryan Adams.
    The best balladist ever existed!!!

    Do To You.
    I Think About You.
    Let's Make A Night To Remember
    You're Still Beautiful To Me.
    I Want To Be Your Underwear.(cheeky cheeky song)
    Inside Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you mean "love songs" for X and not "breakup songs". AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH A CABIN?!

    Since it started out w/ Break up songs, here's one I found recently that caught my attention and also has a Poignant meaning:
    Francis Dunnery - "Good Life"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRY44kD2Gk

    And as far as love songs, I do agree w/ J.S.'s assessment of Brian Adams. I <3 Brian. But there's another Brian that can rival him, perhaps surpass Mr. Adams...meet Mr. Wilson. Brian Wilson.

    "Wouldn't it be nice"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--cqAI3IUI

    "God only knows"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_UILNwWrc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I meant LOVE SONGS for X, but I as per usual digressed into break up songs about everyone else. I feel like such a bad Northerner for not acknowledging Bryan Adams.

    As for the cabin - I have no desire to die in a rikety cabin as the song implies - I have no Hemingway esque fantasies. Now it it's one of those luxury Muscoqua cabins that cost a few million maybe you could twist my arm. You know I'm a big city girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was once told that Sugarland's "Stuck on You" reminded them of me. I read the lyrics and thought oh wow! He must really like me...until I saw the video. It's about a stalker. That wasn't a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.