Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Medical Update

I try to keep my medical updates to a minimum as not to depress me or you - but yesterday was another medical day.  I got to have my eyes dilated and have my freckle examined.  Yes my fair and freckley skin means that I have a freckle in my eye too.  Now I learned yesterday, courtesy of the nice retinal surgeon that my freckle is likely always going to be benign.  If it was a mole we'd have a problem I should be concerned about.  However, that being said I need to have it routinely examined to ensure it doesn't become malignant.  I am not worried about the potential of cancer as much as I find it funny.  Don't get me wrong cancer isn't funny, however for my body, to have it be a spot in my eye that has the potential to be it just seems to fit to my weirdness.

So yep I could end up with a melanoma in my eye and I don't know what that would mean - but I do know it's the future, and like all things in the future - I don't need to dwell on them.

PS Wondering where the freckle is?  It's that dark pigmented area in the middle



3 comments:

  1. Geez.
    Glad things are good right now. Weirdo.freckle.in.my.eye. ;-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE ONE TOOO!!!!!!

    Well, I'm not sure if it's a freckle or a mole or what. I've had some DRs call it a 'floating iris' (??!)... None of them seemed too concerned, so I'm not!

    Cool- I'm not alone!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard it called that but cool! At least I'm not alone either

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.