Monday, June 23, 2014

*Mumble* Bumble

I walked into the lunch room at work today stuffed up and well into that zombie fatigue head space that comes with colds and who is there?

You're not normally here on Monday I managed to bumble out, while trying to ensure my face didn't look shocked or excited - you know something like "normal." I wasn't too successful I'm sure but he didn't fair better as he tried to respond with his mouth full, who startled who, I guess. He left and then returned and we talked a little before his meeting. I messaged AE afterward, that I just don't get it. I mean men say that women have this amazing power over them but in those moments, like in the kitchen, when he leaves and I try and catch my breath while wanting him to come back I wonder who has the power? Is it even about having or claiming power?

Regardless of whatever occurs, he's genuinely nice and caring and attentive and those are all qualities I will affirm as good for friendship or otherwise. Right? We shan't be planning a MDiv power couple or anything like that now, right? Seriously I'm not because maybe ironically while he may be wonderful in all the ways I know to this point, I am not sure given everything in my life that I'm thrilled with the idea of considering a relationship with a counsellor. I don't know if I want to find myself wondering or asking, so who am I talking with right now? The counsellor or the friend?

Some of this I am sure will be cleared or aired if an article I've been interviewed for sees the light of day. Correction, the article for sure will, the percentage that I will be in it, remains to be seen and what was recorded recounted my adult life, with appropriate details removed, like other people's names, like LG with whom I had my latest moment of PTSD

Light and fluffy, light and fluffy. Speaking of fluffy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.