Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mini Kermit Flails


1. X's birthday gift came this week for me and he picked (without my help) my favourite books from Out of Print - I get to rep for Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice and 1984/Library cards.

2. Sam Smith's album was released - to me he's a male Adele and it somehow works really well because he has found a way to walk the "I love you" or "I hate you" line with honesty and sincerity that I find male artists outside of the folk genre don't do well.

3. I've been looking forward to talking with my male co-worker - which may just because he's funny, warm and friendly, I mean those are normally awesome people to talk with. However, today I ran into him when I left the ladies bathroom. Actually, truthfully I could have stayed in the bathroom until he left because I could hear him outside, BUT why would I do that? I happened to be in my running gear (I've been running home, so everyone in my office has seen me in a short running skirt and top combo for the last 3 weeks) and he stopped me, put his hand on my shoulder momentarily and then said, I'm making him feel bad about not being in shape and he's going to get on that and once he's in shape we'll go for a run together. I agreed, because, BECAUSE, and of course because being friendly and flirting is a line we're actively blurring at the moment, I promised to make sure it was an easy run.

Guess who has a greater running motivation than the half and full marathon's she's signed up for?

Are we going to get ahead of ourselves? Not really because he's in the middle of finishing his thesis and in a position of authority and I'm summer staff. I'm not interested in screwing with his life or mine for that matter for the next few months. But stay turned... I guess this means he'll need a label which is better than co-worker dude right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.