Friday, October 28, 2011

Grad School Diet

X was so proud to tell me that the Paeds Resident diet has been working for him.  It might be - it's making the concerned ex-gf in me panic every time I hear about how long he has gone without eating.  But apparently graduate students have their own diet... involving the following:

1. No Alcohol-if you're an unemployment graduate student you may dream about vodka like your on a deserted island without any fresh water, but no dice.  Actually I do have a little residual stock in Ms. J's freezer which I'm keeping there for the sake of rationing.  As an aside I don't have time to be drunk or hung over these days so thus only the dreaming of the booze.

2.  Budget meals - now  I am getting retty savy with the keeping things cheap business but the best meal is a grande Americano misto snuck into the library about 10 - it will keep you going until 6 when the library closes and you're too damn tired to eat when you get home, so you go to sleep. Ta-da it's a version of the residency diet.  You offset your malnutrition with a handful of vitamins and toast in the morning.

3. Fried food - when you do get to eat all you want is to stuff enough comfort carbohydrates down your yap that you will stop dreaming of them (thanks JS for helping me with this last night).

Yep so X might be right - I may just be on track to really shed those Undergraduate pounds while I pack on the debt... as long as the debt isn't on my ass I'm fine with the exchange.

In case you are a graduate student to be - it's not all that bad, actually if you can have gluten and egg whites and all sorts of other things you'll be just fine - the place is swimming with free food, all sorts of free food that would give me an expensive trip to the hospital down the street.

1 comment:

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.