Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Week Back

Blerg

Work and school and year end do not mix, just like beer and hard alcohol do not mix, apparently.  I am tired.  I have about 100 pages of reading to do for Wednesday and a paper to start researching.  I started yoga again after almost 18 months away from class, I am sore - like can't blow dry my hair sore. And on top of all that my boss left for three weeks in Australia and handed me year end to do by myself sans accountant (sweet!).  So while I should have been having a glass of wine and trying to save the world with Ms. J last night to recover, I was an hour out of town with my dad, aunt and grandparents at cultural relief sale.  I love the food, the smells of a lot of the glutenful food I can no longer eat and the relatives, the millions, okay so that's an exaggeration but it felt like I was related to about 50 people I had no recollection of meeting, though they remembered me.

Regardless, that's not what you want to know about anyways, so MW was there.  The last time I had seen MW in person was 2006 when we had our failed date.  In recent times I have been subject to a night of sexting, which I will say is totally a gag worthy experience - not a turn on boys, unless and it's a strong unless there is actually some history between the people.  After our failed date I scrubbed him clean out of any category that would permit sexting.  Eww, again, did I say eww yet.  Well I pushed past that after shutting him down quite clearly that I am not that kind of girl.  You know the kind that intentionally goes for the friends with benefits, and for the record we really aren't even friends.   So anyways we BBM occasionally, almost entirely during hockey games... So running into him accidentally made me want to turn and run.  No one wants that kind of awkward moment in front of the grandparents who are wondering why you are their only single female grandchild, or for that matter the only single one of marrying age, since the other two don't count. 

But that wasn't even the worst part, it was an evening of attractive men, all married and toting around kidlets.  Ms. J knows my frustration, I am trying to find someone who is of the same cultural background but they are rare in the city and even rarer to be single over 25, let alone over 30.  So depressing.

I have arrived at the point where I do not want to date anymore, its too damn complicated, I need an arranged marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.