Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thinking too Much

I am just getting up to speed on my 1500 page a week average an now it seems to be slowly being derailed. I feel torn - I want to do a PhD in English Literature, but I'm realizing that maybe that's just not where I really need to be... it's a really long story but well I'm just muling things over so there isn't a lot I can say at the moment about that or anything else. So I offer this quote from the assistant conductor of our local Chamber Choir - he gave a guest lecture in my culture class on music today.

"Beauty is a terrible and awful thing! It is terrible because it has not been fathomed, for God sets us nothing but riddles. Here the boundaries meet and all contradictions exist side by side." Dostoevsky

1 comment:

  1. Nice quote!

    NO matter what you decide, I have your back. In those moments when you completely lose your shit and just need to throw yourself on the ground in order to have a rational moment in your brain.

    I can't read the 300+ pages a night for you....freak. But where ever your heart is, you have my support.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.